NCCP: Level III Certified
Coaching Experience: 36 years
Playing Career: 14 years
Education: BEd. University of Regina
Marital Status: Single
Miles brings an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience to coaching women’s volleyball. His career started in Saskatchewan and has since let him into the USA. Having coached with Canadian National Team program at various levels and being involved with numerous teams at the helm, Miles was an assistant coach under Mike Burchuk with Team Canada at two World Cups of Volleyball and one World Championship. He has had tremendous success at the University level in Canada and now in the United States. Miles is an excellent technician who delivers his message with a great sense of humor and yet in a way that makes it extremely easy for students to learn and progress at a faster than normal pace.
- Head Coach – Red Deer Queens Volleyball Club (2015 – present)
- Head Coach at North Idaho College (NIC) in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. NIC is one of the premier volleyball programs in the NJCAA in the U.S., having been ranked in the top 10 the past 5 years, reaching as high as #1 in the 2012 season. 2013 will be Kydd’s first season at NIC. He led the team to a 6th place finish at NJCAA Div. 1 Nationals in 2013 and was named Coach of the Year in NJCAA Region “B”.
- Head Coach Eastern Washington University (2008 – 2012), Big Sky Conference Coach of the Year 2008, Big Sky Conference Champions 2008Assistant Coach Eastern Washington University (2004 – 2007), Big Sky Conference Champions 2004Technical Director and 2008 U-18 & 2010 U-14 Head coach of Spokane Splash Volleyball Club
- Head Coach University of Regina (1994 – 2002), was named Great Planes coach of the year 1996, 1998 & 1999, led Cougars to their 2nd ever National Championship appearance in 1999.
- Coached with Canadian National Women’s team as assistant coach (1984 – 1991, 1997 – 2001) notably representing Canada at the 1990 World Championships, 1989 & 1991 World Cups
- Head Coach of Team Canada for the 1999 World Student Games in Mallorca, Spain
- Served as Elite Development Director for the AVA (1989) and High Performance/Technical Director for the Saskatchewan Volleyball Association in 1989 – 1994, and 2002
- Coached many Provincial teams and together with Doug Reimer (current Head Coach at UBC) they lead the Saskatchewan Women’s Canada Games team to Gold in 1989. Kydd also coached Saskatchewan’s Canada’s Games Team in 1993 and 1997.